Paula selected the hashtag block as this month's Block Lotto block, and we are incorporating the finished block with a fun challenge.
Directions on how to make the blocks can be found on Sew Can She's blog. The instructions are straight forward, and the block comes together quickly. For the background fabrics, we are going with low volume (or white or cream if you don't have any low volume in your stash); use bright modern fabrics for the hashtag prints; square your block to 12.5" for a finished 12" size. There you go! As usual, every block made and brought to the August meeting gives you a ticket in the drawing for ALL the blocks; the more blocks you make, the better your chances for winning!
Now for the challenge part. After you have made your hashtag block, take a selfie (or better yet, have someone take a picture of you) holding the block and post on Instagram, Facebook, and/or Twitter with the caption "I am #OrlandoMQG" and a brief introduction and/or fun fact about yourself. Fun and easy, right?! The best part is you get a chance to win a door prize (oh, did I forget to mention prizes were involved?!) even if you don't win the Block Lotto or can't make the meeting.
Here is a brief recap of the challenge:
- Make the Hashtag block of the month
- Take a selfie (or have someone snap a pic) holding your block
- Post on Instagram, Twitter and/or Facebook with the sentence: "I am #OrlandoMQG"
- Make sure you include the hashtag #OrlandoMQG
- Introduce yourself and share a fun fact in the post description
- Doing all of the above qualifies as an entry for a prize drawing
- Have fun and don't overthink the challenge!