Monday, October 27, 2014

On or Off?


Quick poll here:  Do you sew with your shoes on or off?

Research shows quilters are particular about their foot ware, or lack thereof, when it comes to sitting down at the sewing machine.  It'll be interesting to see if our members prefer sewing shoeless or not.




A tougher question (thanks Beth for the suggestion) is how many quilts have you made?  We're talking baby quilt size or larger.  Don't worry.  We're not giving prizes based on the number of quilts.  Everyone has the same chance of winning as the Random Number Generator doesn't discriminate ;-))

Thank you for participating and helping us get to know each other a little better.



13 comments:

  1. Shoes off, definitely.

    I honestly have no idea. Maybe 12?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoes Off!!
    Well over 100 quilts made. Only 6 for family and myself. All the ret have been donated. Many of them to veterans & kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely sew with my shoes off! Thank goodness for flip flops. Counting baby size or bigger I have made 54 quilts. Blogging helps keep track ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shoes off, since I moved to Florida from NY. I have no idea how many quilts I've made. I have at least 50 tops in a cabinet that need to be quilted. I've been teaching quilt classes for 20 years, so I have a lot of samples. Then there's gifts and charity quilts. So let's just call it "a lot." Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a barefoot quilter but I have no idea how many quilts have done so far...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shoes off and I have only made 10 quilts so far with 3 more in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shoes off. I think I've sew about 15 quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. While I have no idea how many quilts I have made, I can only sew with my shoes off!
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shoes off--socks optional! Haven't made too many--a dozen?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shoes on because it's a tile floor and walking barefoot is uncomfortable. I have no idea how many.

    ReplyDelete
  11. (sorry if this is a duplicate)...I quilt with my shoes off. I am constantly taking them off and on when I sit or stand up. I've made 100's of quilts, mostly baby size quilts. I used to belong to a team that made them for Christmas for the Beta House and Salvation Army. One year I made 38 quilts, of course it was when I only knew stitch in the ditch...I mostly make lap size quilts, only made one twin size quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both Ways! Shoes on / Shoes off! Once or twice with my elbow or hand even instead of feet. How many? Good question, but too hard to guess. Maybe someday I'll see how many I can list.

    ReplyDelete