Some quilty items of interest to note:
- Adventures in Fabric is by our very own Julie Creus of La Todera. I have preordered my copy and can't wait for its arrival!
- As members of The Modern Quilt Guild, our guild has access to a wide array of lectures and patterns designed for members only. The most recent webinar features Jacquie Gering discussing Modern Quilting: Know It When You See It. Once you are logged onto the MQG Community Site, clicking here will take you to the Resources page which provides a list of Patterns of the Month, Creative Webinars among other links.
- QuiltCon design their t-shirt contest ends October 22nd. The form and information can be found here.
- I've mentioned this podcast before, but it's worth bringing up again. The Modern SewCiety ran a series of podcasts regarding QuiltCon. Even if you aren't attending this show, the guests offer advice that can be applied to any quilt class, workshop or conference. These specific episodes are #41-44, but I highly recommend the podcast in general.
- Blogger's Quilt Festival starts this Friday, October 24th and runs for two weeks. More information can be found here which explains the categories and dates for entering and voting. The festival runs at the same time as Quilt Market each Fall and Spring giving the online community a chance to view hundreds of beautiful quilts from the comfort of their laptop! If you're a blogger, be sure to enter a quilt by publishing a BQF post.
- Marge was the winner of our latest Getting to Know you blog post. Look for another opportunity to learn about fellow guild members and a chance to win free fabric.
- Don't forget to read other posts on our blog for details regarding upcoming challenges, Block of the Month instructions, minutes from past guild meetings and other helpful information.