Thursday, January 5, 2017

February Block of the Month

I am so sorry for the delay for this month's block lotto.  I am hoping it will be worth the wait.

Since the winner of the blocks will get them at the beginning of February I thought we need to have a Valentine's Day themed block but we are all burned out on heart blocks.  So instead let's use Valentine's Day colors instead.

Our block is a Scrappy Churn Dash block and Sherri @ A Quilting Life has a lovely tutorial.  You can download her tutorial here.  Sherri gives instructions for three different sizes, 6 inch, 9 inch and 12 inch, blocks.  You can make any size you wish.  Better yet, make one of each!  That is what I have done.



You will need 5 different fabrics.  At least one white and at least one low-volume, red, pink and you can have just a touch of black or gray, but let's keep it to a minimum.  Here are some of my suggested fabric choices.






And here are all my finished blocks.  Last month we had over 50 blocks for the block lotto.  Can we top that this month?

2 comments: