Here the recipe for this month Blocklotto:
- Select 2 fabrics - white for the background, and any color of your choice for the rest;
- Cut the following:
background - 2 squares measuring 5", 1 square measuring 41/2"
colour fabric - 2 squares measuring 5", 4 squares measuring 41/2"
- Mark a diagonal across the 5" white squares;
- With colour and white 5" squares together, sew a 1/4" seam allowance on each side of the marked diagonal. Cut the 2 blocks along the diagonal, making 4 triangles;
- Press the triangles open, seams toward the darker fabric. Trim to 41/2";
- 7. and 8. put together rows of squares according to the image bellow. Press seams toward the darker side;
9. Matching corners, assemble the rows together.
Et voilà! Here you have a Shoo Fly block. Now go and sew one more for your anniversary quilt, or many more to increase your chance of wining them all.