Thursday, August 31, 2017

Books, books, books…

There are a few things I could not do without in my Sewing room: my beloved stash, my pretty threads, my toy-like assortment of sewing notions and my always expanding BOOKS collection.  Am I the only one?

If you’re like me, you need to make sure you to check our Guild Library.  Yes, Orlando Modern Quilt Guild has a nice, well stocked library.  Have a look for yourself, here the list of books we currently own.

How does the library work?  Our librarian, Yanick brings all the books at our monthly guild meeting (on the first Wednesday of the month - here to our calendar).  They are free to borrow: make your pick, enjoy your book for a whole month and return it to Yanick at the following meeting.  Easy!

You’re not finding what you are looking for?  Or you have this great book and think that the OrlandoMQG should have it too?  Then, again it’s easy, we have a Library Wish List: click here and submit your suggestion to our Library Acquisition Director, aka Yanick.

Here a few examples of our collection

In the meantime, we would like you to share your favorite books on Social Media (Instagram, FaceBook, Twiter) with the #myfavoritemodernquiltbook and tag us @OrlandoMQG.  Starting from next Wednesday, September 6th and until October 3rd, take a picture of the book cover and tell us what you love about it.  There might be some prize drawing among the participants at our October meeting.


0 comments:

Post a Comment