Friday, July 1, 2011

August Block of the Month

The block of the month for August is a Wonky Star.  Your block should measure 12.5" square unfinished when done.  The color scheme for these blocks is black and white with a primary color thrown in.



To make mine, I used the Silly BooDilly's tutorial which can be found here.   When choosing the 13 squares of fabric, keep in mind that the background squares are to be white and the fabric for the center square and the star points can be any combination of black and white along with a primary color.  For the sample block, I used red as the primary color, but yellow or blue may also be used.

Bring your August block(s) to the August 3rd meeting at the Sewing Studio.  For each block you make, you will get a chance to take home all the blocks!

2 comments:

  1. I love this block! Thanks for choosing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made several of these blocks now, and find it to be lots of fun. I really like the tutorial you posted. I really struggled with trying to make these before.

    ReplyDelete