JUNE 4, 2014
10 AM - 12 PM
Vice President Debra conducted the meeting in Yanick's absence. 4 visitors were present in addition to OMQG members.
Betty was the basket winner.
Marge will be at Sew Day at the Dr Phillips Library in June to distribute Michael Miller fabrics to any member who would still like to enter the challenge.
Pat and Jodi described their visit to Camp Boggy Creek to donate the quilts made by OMQG.
Linda displayed some of the baby bibs made for donation to Beta House. She will be accepting bibs and baby quilts at next month's meeting and then will deliver all donations to Beta House.
Jane Hamrock shared her foundation piecing methods and expertise, and showed many of her beautiful creations.
TEACHERS AND WORKSHOPS/UFOS/FALL RETREAT
Cara updated the group on the following:
- OMQG member Ellen will conduct a free-motion quilting workshop at the Sept 6 Sew Day at Dr Phillips library. Workshop will take place from 10-1; Sew Day will continue until 4:30.
- Victoria Findlay Wolfe will conduct a workshop for OMQG at the Dr Phillips library on Dec 5 and 6. Cost to be determined, and further details to follow.
- Our UFO challenge will continue until December. Please make sure to send Cara a picture of any completed UFO that is not brought to the meeting for show-and-tell, or post a picture of the completed item on Facebook.
- Planning is underway for our fall retreat at The Quilt Place. Cara will check their availability the weekend of Nov 7-9. Further details to follow.
- A number of potential teachers were discussed, including RaNae Merrill, Luke Haynes, Rashida Coleman Hale, and the Gee's Bend quilters. A decision will be made at a later date.
Sign-in sheet raffles were won by visitors Peggy........
SHOW AND TELL
Many of the items shown are completed UFOs! Those lists are getting shorter!
Beth's "Crow Quilt" was the winner of I Wish I Had Made That!
BLOCK OF THE MONTH
......were won by Alejandrina.
Jodi displayed July's Block of the Month.
Meeting adjourned at noon.