Wednesday, June 6, 2012

August 2012 Block of the Month

August's BOM is the ever popular Asterisk block.  The tutorial for this scrappy block can be found on City House Studio's blog here.


Again, the completed block should be 12.5"unfinished to finish at 12" square when pieced with other blocks.  I would suggest making the last strips added a little wider than called for in the tutorial if your blocks tend to be shy of the 12.5".  You will then be able to trim then down to 12.5".

Use white solid fabric for the background and bright, fresh, modern fabrics for the strips.  Enjoy making these blocks.  They are easy and a lot of fun to make, but I will say they aren't as quick as I had expected.
You have two months to make this block as there will not be a guild meeting in July.



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this block! so glad you picked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun block. Already did a bit of unsewing, but that's normal for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete